Friday, June 02, 2017

June Challenge Inspiration by Jenn Engle

A new month means a new challenge here at VLVS and I am in love with the new inspiration photo.

STAMPS USED:

I decided to make an index card for my challenge inspiration. I started out by running my index card thru a "dots" embossing folder to play on the circles from the photo.



I used some paint that matches the photo: Folk Art Craft Paint in Pink Melon, Martha Stewart Satin Craft Paint in Pollen, and HandMade Modern Acrylic in Slate. I used the Pink Melon all over the background and the Slate to create a floor of sorts.


Still working on the background, I stamped just the script part of the "Nature Collage" stamp. Then, I scraped some Pollen paint across my card and dried that. I felt like the Pink Melon got sort of lost, so I added more of that color until I was happy.


While my background was drying, I stamped "girl with birdcage" on Bristol cardstock and colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in colors that matched the background. I glued that down on top of some matching thread, then added a quote from Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers. I finished it off with using my sewing machine to stitch around the card.


We'd love if you joined in our June Challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks for looking,
~Jenn

1 comment:

essay best said...

Wow, that is really impressive, loved it. I wish I could do half of what you have done here. Good post, thanks for sharing it with us and keep posting such posts